If you are middle aged and gaining weight too fast and if there is a family history of Diabetes, be careful. Diabetes is round the corner.. Attend to it and switch to diet and exercise and consult a doctor. Excessive Thirst, Excessive urination, weakness and lose of weight, craving for food, are all classical symptoms of Diabetes. Intense itching in skin folds, and in private partsraises suspicion of diabetes. Intense itching in the ear probably is due to fungal infection is clue to diagnosis of Diabetes. Delayed healing of an ulcer may be hint.
- The common symptoms of diabetes :
- Going to the toilet a lot, especially at night.
- Being really thirsty.
- Feeling more tired than usual.
- Losing/Gaining weight without trying to.
- Genital itching or thrush.
- Cuts and wounds take longer to heal.
- Blurred vision.
Why does diabetes create these symptoms?
These symptoms occur because some or all of the glucose stays in the blood, and isn’t being used as fuel for energy. The body tries to reduce blood glucose levels by flushing the excess glucose out of the body in the urine.